We create real change. By walking, you are too.
By slipping on a pair to raise awareness and funds, you'll help YWCA Silicon Valley provide life-changing services and support to survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual assault. It's not just a woman's issue... it's everyone's issue
- Every 56 minutes, a sexual assault occurs in California.
- On average, nearly 20 people in the United States are physically assaulted by their intimate partner every minute. That's over 10 million per year.
- On any given day in California, domestic violence shelters, like those offered by YWCA, serves almost 5,800 women and children.
By you joining our mission, even more women, young women and families will live a life free from racism, violence and inequality. Your heels on, will help heal her. Here's how you'll support YWCA Silicon Valley:
It's time to take action.
- Survivors will live a life free of violence through the provision of safety, support services and self-empowerment.
- The traumatic aftermath of a sexual assault will be mitigated with compassion and care.
- Through outreach and advocacy, our community will be provided with the tools necessary to identify and report on human trafficking and those exploited will receive the support required to heal, become empowered and flourish.
- Silicon Valley schools will host an in-house YWCA trauma-informed counselor, trained to improve the mental, emotional and behavioral wellness of youth.
- Families will flourish, knowing that they have a safe and stable roof over their head.
Like us, you're committed to ending violence against women. We're counting on you to take a stand against violence. Here's how you can do just that
- Recognize that violence is not a women's issue but everyone's issue.
- Take a stand against violence by educating yourself about the issue. Start now by watching the video below.
- Participate in a national conversation in your home and on your social networks using #walkamile about violence against women.
- Try your best to reach your individual and team fundraising goals and begin by downloading YWCA's Fundraising 'Tips & Tricks' (PDF)
- You will speak up. You will stand with survivors. And, encourage others to do the same.